Dear CentOS enthusiast,
Another month into 2019, and we have a lot to tell you about.
Releases and updates
Errata and Enhancements Advisories
We issued the following CEEA (CentOS Errata and Enhancements Advisories) during January:
Errata and Security Advisories
We issued the following CESA (CentOS Errata and Security Advisories) during January:
- Sun Jan 6 2019: CESA-2019:0022 Important CentOS 7 keepalived Security – https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2019-January/023140.html
- Tue Jan 15 2019: CESA-2019:0049 Important CentOS 7 systemd Security – https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2019-January/023143.html
- Wed Jan 16 2019: CESA-2019:0059 Important CentOS 7 libvncserver Security – https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2019-January/023144.html
- Thu Jan 24 2019: CESA-2019:0109 Important CentOS 7 perl Security – https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2019-January/023148.html
Errata and Bugfix Advisories
We issued the following CEBA (CentOS Errata and Bugfix Advisories) during January:
- Thu Jan 10 2019: CEBA-2019:0037 CentOS 6 tzdata BugFix – https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2019-January/023141.html
- Thu Jan 10 2019: CEBA-2019:0037 CentOS 7 tzdata BugFix – https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2019-January/023142.html
- Wed Jan 16 2019: CEBA-2019:0062 CentOS 6 cups BugFix – https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2019-January/023145.html
- Wed Jan 16 2019: CEBA-2019:0063 CentOS 6 sssd BugFix – https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2019-January/023146.html
- Wed Jan 16 2019: CEBA-2019:0064 CentOS 6 kernel BugFix – https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2019-January/023147.html
SIGs – Special Interest Groups – are where people work on the stuff that runs on top of CentOS.
Several of our SIGs published their quarterly reports this month:
- CentOS NFV SIG – https://blog.centos.org/2019/01/centos-nfv-sig-quarterly-report/
- Promotion SIG – https://blog.centos.org/2019/01/promo-sig-quarterly-report-february-2019/
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) SIG – https://blog.centos.org/2019/01/centos-paas-sig-quarterly-report/
Next month we hope to hear from:
- Cloud Instance
- Public CI
We started off February with a bang, with our annual CentOS Dojo at FOSDEM. You can read a summary of that event on the CentOS blog. We will be posting video from the event on the CentOS YouTube channel as soon as possible.
We also had a table at FOSDEM itself. FOSDEM is a gathering of 6000 free/open source software enthusiasts at Brussel’s ULB. Topics covered are everything from distributions to licensing to community to storage. Video from almost every session at the event is already available at the event website.
Next month, we expect to have a presence at FOSSAsia in Singapore.
And in April we are planning to hold a Dojo at Oak Ridge National Labs, in Oak Ridge Tennessee.
If you would like to host a Dojo, or have a suggestion for where we should have one, please get in touch with the CentOS Promo mailing list.
Other upcoming events are always listed on the events wiki page.
Contributing to CentOS Pulse
We are always on the look-out for people who are interested in helping to:
- report on CentOS community activity
- provide a report from the SIG on which you participate
- maintain a (sub-)section of the newsletter
- write an article on an interesting person or topic
- provide the hint, tip or trick of the month
Please see the page with further information about contributing. You can also contact the Promotion SIG, or just email Rich directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) with ideas or articles that you’d like to see in the next newsletter.
CentOS is available in Cloud Server Linux. Contact us to find out our latest offers!